Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Birthday Card

Hi, I thought I would show you a Birthday Card I made last week( it has arrived so can show you now!) I used chipboard flowers and a large Tag too from The Artistic Stamper.
I used Crafty Individuals papers to cover the Tag. They are the smoothest papers I have used in years, and work perfectly with the chipboard.
I painted pearlescent powder paints on the flowers, and then stamped over them with one of The Artistic Stamper Calligraphy Mats. These are unmounted dies of various scripts that have been in the catalogue for many years and are some of the most versatile stamps I know.
I was quite pleased with the effect and I know the recipient liked it (I think :))

8 comments:

Phree said...

Love your card... those calligraphy mats look very useful, I feel a spend coming on when pay day comes around!

Hels Sheridan said...

WRONG!!! The recipient didn't like it ..... she LOVED it!! LOL :O)) Fabby card Jen, thank you hun xx

Minxy said...

Yeah i have to agree Phree, loving the effect of the writing on the flowers, Splendid stuff xxx roll on payday lol

Anonymous said...

Your card is great Jennie - love the stamped flowers & those C.I. papers are the best - love using them! :0)

Andrea said...

the cards great Jennie and Hels sounds like she loved it xx

Ellen said...

what a great idea to put the wording on the flowers it looks great

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Thank you for your lovely comments :)
Jennie

Tracey said...

Fab Jennie, lurrrrrvvvve the flowers.
x