Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Birthday Card

I am sitting here listening to and watching President Obama's inaugural speech and blogging at the same time! Isn't that just the most amazing thing, that I could not have imagined doing several years ago. The internet has changed almost all of our lives.
 I have made a very quick card from a wonderful box of goodies sent to me from Canada. All the elements of this card are from that box! This is a card for my niece's 18th Birthday, and I can show it as I know she doesn't read this blog! I just layered the paper, and used the metal words (already made) and just dabbed gold dabber over them. Then I just added the butterfly and little flowers.

7 comments:

crafty creations said...

A plain simple but beautiful card Jennie.

I too have watched this step in history today - amazing

maddy hill said...

love the effect of the gold dabber Jennie very effective !

Hazel said...

Lovely. Yes, the internet and other modern technology has certainly changed our access to info and the way we live. Our broadband, tv and phone all went down this morning - made us realise how much we depend on them (and again this evening for a little while) x

Anonymous said...

Nice trying things out with new goodies - metal seems to all the rage now.

Linnie said...

Love it you are sooo clever and the effects are fabby...
linniex

June said...

Clever work and beautiful card. I would love this and i am sure it will be well recieved.
Its always lovely to come here and see your gorgeous makes
Hugs June x

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how you are able to come up with a new idea every day. You amaze me!