Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wired up!

While I had my meltpot on last week, I thought I would try a new version of my extended earrings. I used a very small amount of red To Dye for ink in clear utee, and using the same technique, made long clear earrings. Once they were dry I added some gold wire wrapped round them , and then redipped them carefully. I used a clearish bead at the top as the base, and then added a little gold bead to hold the hooks, which I glued in.
I have given these earrings to a friend as a present, just hoping she likes them:)

Have a great day!

5 comments:

whyducks said...

So clever, when you are back it would be nice to know how you made the top bits in more detail please. Maybe a video!

Jan Hennings said...

Great earrings!!! Love what yo do with UTEE!

Valerie Bishop said...

These are just gorgeous!! I agreee - we need a video to see how you make your lovely creations!

Julie Ranae said...

How crazy cool are these? Love 'em!

Unknown said...

What a great idea - brilliant - they look like coral