Saturday, April 03, 2010

One Tag, two tags, three tags more!!!

I love this weekend, as it has 2 Bank holidays, and Friday seems like Saturday and Monday seems like Sunday, and by the time Tuesday comes along, I am confused, and wishing it was Friday again!!
Last week while I was teaching the workshop at Pickleberry Crafts, we got the opportunity to use Tim's new On the Edge dies, and I cut several tags with the dies. I positioned them so the dies cut the short end, and then cut off the tops, so I could bind it together. They have sat on my desk for a few days, and finally I got round to doing something with them. I distress inked all of them, back and front, and got very inky doing it too! All the tags are stamped with Mr Holtz's stamps, and I used the flourishes on each side inking with separate distress ink colours on each tag and each side. Not sure if this makes sense, as my brain seems to be fried today!
Then I took some of his words and sayings and stamped those too, on the front of each tag. A couple of the new Idea-ology embellishments, and some ribbon, finished it off. The little embellie at the bottom is a Vintaj piece due in this week (she says hopefully :)

The pictures are taken with Mal's new phone which takes great pictures... can see me "borrowing " it just to take photos of my artwork! lol
I hope you are having a relaxing Easter, and as a gift to everyone we have FREE SHIPPING worldwide on the website this weekend, all weekend!!!
Happy Creating!
 

24 comments:

Rosemary said...

Oh that is stunning Jennie.

Anonymous said...

oh yes! I like these. Might have to treat myself lol
Enjoy your weekend
Barbara
SparklesSimpleStuff.blogspot.com

Crissi Harvey said...

verrrrrrrry nice have a good weekend and i know what you men about the days getting jumbled up with banks hols and that.

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous book...need those dies :O)) BTW...er, what makes today different from any other day??? Cos...CHOCOLATE is calorie free..any day that is between a BH Fri and a BH Mon is like that!! x

Joanne said...

I love what you have done, it's really different. My edge die arrived, thanks so much, wish I had all of them though. xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous art Jennie! Those dies are soooo tempting! xx

Sid said...

Love the tag effect and the dies are 'to die for' !!

Lucy Edmondson said...

Oooh I love this, Jennie! What a great use of the edging dies,

Lucy x

Artyjen said...

Love the layered tags great decorative edges.
Congrats on the Gingersnap DT..I always look but get very little chance to join in for some reason!!!
xoxo

Kaz said...

That looks gorgeous, what a great idea! xx

Linda Ledbetter said...

Brilliant use of the On the Edge dies, Jennie! I love this.

Jean Franks Beck said...

Oh so beautiful! Love the charms accenting some of the edges, too! So lovely!

Lori said...

Love this booklet! Aren't those dies grand? I have made a couple of mini books with them, just have to do something with them now! lol

Julie Ranae said...

So THAT'S what you do with those die cuts!!!? haha

Beautiful work, Jennie x

Angelnorth said...

Love the layered edge shapes, looks fab Jennie!

Janeyc49 said...

Wow, absolutely stunning Jennie - think I got to have some of those dies :)

Janet x

Kristin said...

These tags have such a cool twist, can't wait to play with Tim's new stuff! Happy Easter Jennie :)

K

Lynn Stevens said...

Ohhhhh Jennie all your layers are just well YUMMY!
Enjoy all your time off!

Lorraine said...

nice edges to the book..have a happy easter

Lisa Holtzman said...

Fabulous tag Jennie!! Have a great weekend.

whyducks said...

great work Jennie. Happy Easter to you all. Good sentiments on the pink one. xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Love the design.

Anonymous said...

The book is wonderful. Sumptuous and gorgeous. You really need to send it to me so I can take a closer look and really appreciate it.

Chris said...

Love this tag book, Jennie. Wish I'd ordered more of the dies now! :o)