Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Musically speaking...

I just had time this weekend to create something for the Sunday Stamper hosted by the delectable Miss Sheridan! The theme this week is music, and I wanted to use the new empty jar stamp. I had an idea to stamp it into clear utee, and fill it with music, which I have done. Easy to say, not quite so easy to do, however! I did manage successfully to stamp the bottle into clear utee poured onto a craft sheet. While it was till relatively warm, I trimmed around the bottle, and bent it over a round form, so you get the bottle shape. The utee remains fairly fragile once it has cooled, so handle it with care. If you mess it up just remelt and start again!
 A smattering of perfect pearls coloured the bottle. I glued an old music sheet to the inside of it, and using my still going silicone glue ( I am truly amazed by this!), I glued it to a mini canvas , which I painted in Claudine's Modern Red Studio paint , and covered with gold Mica spray while still wet. A few of the teeny weeny flowers from the Flower blooms stamp set decorated the edge.
I made gold metal flowers backed on Sticky back canvas from Tim's Tattered Floral die, and ran them through an embossing die. Smoosh a bit of red paint on a non stick crafts sheet and whoosh the flowers through it to get the raised edges red. Do you like the terminology? lol smoosh and whoosh!!

 I love the texture from the canvas through the metal. I added wire to the flowers , and slid them inside the jar.
The photos definitely do not do this justice sad face:( It was seriuosly difficult to photograph!
Thank you Hels for the challenge :))
Have a creative day!

19 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Fabby bottle, love it loads.. I know i may be delectable (erm.. what does that mean.. for all I know it could mean poo or something LMAO).. but.. I am a Mrs!! I was a Miss for faaar too long LOL Thanks for joining in the Sunday Stamper x

Sew This N That said...

I am in awe! Love it :0)
*hugs* Heather x

Chris Arlington said...

Fabulous! the colours are fantastic, I can imagine that if they look this great on the PC how wonderful it must look in real life.
One thing I found with UTEE if you add just a little FLEX crystals it is much more forgiving in managability.

Lori said...

This is awesome Jennie! Love it!

Jan Hennings said...

LOVE this!!

Daniele said...

hi Jennie just had to say that the jar and flowers on your tag look amazing never played with utee myself
hugs

Helen said...

I love the bottle, great idea. Those flowers are just gorgeous!!!

Lynn Stevens said...

So very creative! have you ever added any flex to the utee? if you need some I'd be happy to send you some. It makes the utee flexible so it won't break. let me know!

cheryl said...

oh this is beautiful love the effect with the jar,love cheryl xxx

Stampersue said...

Love the bottle - got to get my meltpot out:-))

Sid said...

Great Art !!

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab piece, love what you did with the UTEE to create the jar for your wonderful flowers! Glad to have you join us at the PDCC.

whyducks said...

Great Smoshing technique, a very clever piece Jennie.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

This is way cool Jen, I can't wait to get this stamp. I just can just imagine how beautiful it really is, wow!

Alison said...

Fabulous piece of art Jennie! x

Rose said...

Wow, this is stunning, it's must be AWESOME IRL! Excellent work.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

WOW! Yep that about sums up my reaction on seeing this art. Incredible imagination in the first place to come up with the ideas. TFS. Lynne M

Ruby said...

What a fab project! Love what you've done with that bottle, looks great! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the PDCC! :o)

Suzanne C said...

This is fabulous! Love it!!! The effect is gorgeous. Thanks for playing with us at the PDCC this week!