Monday, December 20, 2010

Tag 6 ish

For those of you bright enough to realise , yesterday's tag was actually number 5 , and so today I am blogging tag number 6... actually really does it matter?... I am creating and having a bit of snowbound fun! I really should be making cards..not that they will be going anywhere..the post in the UK is pretty awful with packages stuck in sorting offices, and snow thick on the ground in most places! I heard along the grapevine there isn't much in Hel's country!! lol, but she is making tags too, and giving them away.. just check out here!
Today's tag is is of the old-fashioned type.. a bit aged round the edges with a gorgeous ( not made by me..salvaged cones and bauble hanging) I used antique linen distress ink to colour with aged mahogany to edge. I added a Tim Holtz Merry Christmas in Barn Door Distress ink, and then clear embossed. The holly leaves were inked in distress ink greens, and a little bit of stickles made up the holly berries.

I have shown you mine, so if you have been making tags..come on show me yours....and add it to the sidebar linky thingy to win goodies!
I am off today to brave the cold and snow.. ( who am I kidding?..I have thick boots, gloves.. coat, scarf, hat...lol) to see my mum.. so I may not be back ... here's praying the trains don't get stuck on the ice...the roads stay clear, and the snow stays away! I expect I am living in lala land.. but am keeping my fingers crossed x
Keep warm.. and be creative!
 

12 comments:

Paper Paradise said...

I love the 'oldie worlde' traditional look of this tag, it's stunning! Sue x

flutterbycrafter said...

Love this tag, so simple yet stunning. Hope you manage to get to your Mums.

Daniele said...

I love this tag one of my favourites along with 11 others.....lol, I must get some more timmy stamps esp. the holly leaf one as its kinda vintage looking
hugs

Sid said...

Lovely Trad Tag Jennie !

Helen said...

Take care, it's nasty out there! I hope your mum is ok. Love the tag, very simple, very effective.

Joanne said...

Beautiful tag Jennie. Take care today. I think you are due more snow.
xx

Pam said...

This would be a great quick tag to make! Love the pinecones at the top! Getting mine finished as I wrap ech gift!!

Minxy said...

Another fab tag Jennie, I hope you make it safely to see your mum and that she is recovering well after the op xx sending you both hugs x

Anonymous said...

Ooh! That's beautiful Jennie! Hope you managed to see your mum, & get back home safe! xx

Anonymous said...

I made a non-christmas tag, does that count?! :o) xx
Here it is!

Lori said...

Ooo, this is lovely! I really love that holly stamp!

Von said...

What inspiring tags you have done Jennie :)
Have a wonderful Christmas
Von