Saturday, February 18, 2012

How to make mini faux porcelain roses

Often I make lots of bits and pieces but never really show you how to make them, but I have been asked lots of times how I made my mini porcelain roses, so here you are in true panoramic vision! This video by Christie Hund gave me the idea, so technically it is not completely my idea, but because I absolutely adore UTEE in all forms, and because I love making faux porcelain flowers -technique originally by Sherry Cheever , I thought why not combine the two!So my first video in over 2 years.. (what happened to the time?) is now up on youtube. The technique uses Tim's Tattered Pine Cone die, and one thing I didn't mention on the video is the paper I used is Ranger's Core'dinations. It does work with other papers, but I would not use too thin a paper as the roses don't come out quite so well.



I do hope you have time to experiment with them.. they are very very addictive! I am off later today to take a workshop with Tim Holtz and Dyan Reaveley, and to go shopping at Stitches for you...getting excited... lots of new goodies, and time to see long standing friends :))
Have a very creative weekend.

12 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Oh thank you soooo much for the tutorial! They have turned out really cute! I love those! I am going to have a bash at those along with the ones using my meltpot.. I wasn't very successful the last time i tried lol!! I am off to do some shopping because i NEED that die !!!

Thanks for sharing,

Jackie x

Rosemary said...

Will have to play with that later.

Have a great time with Tim etc.

Inkypinkycraft said...

Great tutorial, ave a great time! How jealous am I ?!!! Hugs trace x

Sid said...

Nice little video tute Jennie, have a fab time with Dyan & Tim too !

Ann B said...

Thanks for the tutorial Jennie, so much easier to glaze this way than having to faff about (technical term) getting out the MeltPot.

Von said...

Super tut Jennie :) and have fun as if you wouldn't lol
Von x♥x

Pam said...

Just love these Jennie! Thanks for the video showing us how! Will have to try this now!!

Artyjen said...

Great tute! Thanks for sharing. You have a great time at Stitches...and hurry back with the goodies! LOL
xoxo Sioux

veronica said...

thnaks Jennie - roses look great, really need that die now! Have a great time with Sir Tim

Carol said...

Wow, thats fantastic, much better than using than the melting pot.
I want to buy that die!

sandysewin said...

Thanks for the great tutorial. How simple and how beautiful!

I think I know which die I need to buy next. :-)

Mynn xx said...

Thank you for the fabulous video tutorial!!! TOTALLY pinning this and trying it ASAP! :)