Friday, March 23, 2012

on a book roll...

The one thing I like about altering books, is that anything goes. I never plan my projects, they just happen. I might take inspiration from other pieces i see , be on the net or in a magazine, but rarely do I plan pieces, they just happen! How do you work, do you write copious notes, do sketches?, follow them to the letter, , or just create? What do you do if it all looks awful, chuck it in the bin, or try to resurrect it? I have lots of half finished tags, and pieces! The wonderful thing about an altered book, is that if it is truly awful, you can tear it out and start again, or leave it to remind you. Here is a couple of bits that I created  last week. The niche is from last weekend's workshop ...stamp used is Crafty Notions  spirals, stamped into Terra, and sprayed with greens and yellow Color wash. Came out looking like wood! The moon faces are moulds agian from Crafty Notions.

 and this is the cover from another book, which I gessoed through a stencil, allowed to dry, and then painted with Dylusions paints ( now not available sadly) . Add some stamps from The Artistic Stamper, large new swirl, and words, and a bit of bling!

Two totally different pieces!
So tell me do you plan, or just create?
Have a creative day
Hugs

8 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Oh nice!!! I am working on my very first altered book and loving every minute of it! I tend to be like you and just let things happen. I love the freedom of that and you never know what you will end up with! It's not the first time I've been pleasantly surprised by the end result.

Thanks for sharing.

Jackie x

Sid said...

Two great books Jennie ! I plan in my head but do my own thing a bit like you !

Linda . J said...

Love your books jenny, your such an inspiration.
Hugs Linda

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

these moon faces are great !

Von said...

Oh yes I like very much !!! just want to touch it :)
Von x♥x

whyducks said...

Oh great work Jennie. I plan, then go with the flow.

Netty said...

woo hoo Jennie can see you are having a wonderful time. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

LuLu said...

Great, wonderful, mind-blowing texture!!!! Looks fab with the colors you chose.

What is Terra?

Would love for you to visit my blog when you have a momnet or 2!

Peace,
LuLu
www.lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com